I’m moving to an apartment in early September. It’s in a part of Austin I love, within walking distance of a post office, several restaurants, a coffee shop, an Alamo Drafthouse, and my favorite grocery store: Sun Harvest. I signed the lease on the apartment back in June, and since then I have been daydreaming of all the wonderful adventures I’ll have in my new neighborhood after I move. A summary:
1. I will become a skinny beeyotch from eating salads and other healthy grub every day from Sun Harvest.
2. I will get a dog. We will become BFF and go to the dog park several times a week.
3. I will have dinner parties where I can serve pesto, asian slaw, ceviche and other tasties I prepare using my food processor. (F.P. has been in storage for 15 months and I miss it so.)
4. I will have a full sized bed again. Not gonna go into a lot of detail on this one.
5. I will take the dog on lots of hikes in the TX hill country and we will traipse around like mountain women.
Even though I can’t walk to Sun Harvest yet, I have been shopping there quite a bit. Yesterday I was having daydream no. 1 and felt inspired to make a delicious, skinny bitch salad. I will be living alone, so this salad only serves one:
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 granny smith apple, diced
1 avocado, pitted and chopped
1 hard boiled egg, shelled and chopped
Put this all in a bowl and mix it up so that the avocado and egg yolk coat the greens a little bit. Then splash a little balsamic vinegar on the top. You can add olive oil if you feel like it, but sparingly. If you want the full experience, while you eat the salad you need to daydream about decorating your new apartment with quirky adorable shit you buy from Etsy.