I think these surveys are dumb, but I do enjoy reading my responses years later. And someone tagged me on Facebook. So here we are.
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
I think his name was Brent. He had red hair. We didn’t kiss at the end of the night, and I don’t even remember what I wore. What a great prom.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? We are friends on Facebook, but we don’t talk in real life.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? Tequila in College Station before a country music concert. I remember feeling warm all over and thinking, “oh my gosh, I hope I don’t get sick” after one shot.
4. What was your FIRST job? Teaching swimming lessons for Mr. Clark.
5. What was your FIRST vehicle? Dark green 1995 Chevy Blazer. Her name was Molly.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? No one texts me. And don’t start, they cost me 25 cents a pop!
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? Myself. I was looking in the mirror.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? Peggy Ogden.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? I don’t remember for sure. It may have been to Hawaii for vacation when I was six years old. I do remember kicking the seat of the guy in front of me. He yelled at me, so my mom and I had to switch seats.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend and do you still talk? Ceren Unal. We are friends on Facebook, but we don’t talk in real life.
11. Where was your FIRST sleepover? Ceren’s house. We had a snow-cone stand and made like $6 that day.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? Myself. I was looking in the mirror.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? My childhood babysitter, Lynette Books.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Listen to “Morning Edition” on NPR. I would not be able to function without that show.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? Dallas Wind Symphony during my childhood. My first adult concert was Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival in college in 2003. I saw John Mayer, Eric Clapton, BB King, Carlos Santana, and Jimmie Vaughan all jamming out together on stage. Amazeballs.
16. First tattoo? No tattoos.
17. FIRST piercing? No piercings.
18. FIRST foreign country you’ve been to? Ireland.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing in the theater? The Little Mermaid.
20. FIRST Detention you had? No detentions. I play by the rules.
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in? Texas
22. If you had one wish. What would it be? This question doesn’t have anything to do with FIRSTS. I reject this.
23. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? See above.