Today was a good day. Rami and I spent the first Saturday of married life rather unglamorously: cleaning shit out of our respective apartments. Between us, we cleared out about 8 bags of trash from our places. We threw away a lot of junk, highlights including
- 2 silver Sharpie markers. (WTF?? It is hard to imagine a more useless Sharpie color than silver for general household use.)
- 33 mismatched socks
- a ham. It was in my freezer, and I do not remember when or where I got it. Yet I still felt guilty chucking it.
Not everything was trash-worthy. We took 2 pick-up truck loads of stuff to Goodwill, highlights including:
- 6 padded barstools (How did these all fit in one apartment?)
- A set of old luggage (I remember buying that whole set in college for a trip to Atlanta. Sniff.)
- 3 trashbags full of old t-shirts. Holla, lingerie shower!!
On the whole, I find Goodwill-ing items much more rewarding than trashing items. There is something cathartic about putting a bunch of shit into a truck and dumping it at Goodwill. It feels good knowing that you won’t have to launder/dust/move/trip over any of that junk any more.
Peace out, bloggy. Sleepytime.